CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lighthearted thoughts of late...cause seriousness is brewing...

Things I love:
A new love - Most recently I discovered Demi tops.  I love, love, love them!!  So much that I wish they came in many (ok, all) colors.  You could easily be way ahead of me on this one, I'm not that great with keeping up with the latest and greatest fashion items.  But, if you happen to not be a huge shopper, shop on a mission and/or are just slow to catch on to some things (I'm all of these) let me introduce you to one of my new favorite clothing items.  If you are a layer, by choice (with the help of religion), I think these are a wardrobe must have, especially as the weather is warming up.  I found mine at Shade online, yes I did buy every color in the cap and tank (and that was without having worn them yet.)  You're welcome Shade, for the free advertising.  Although I'm sure they can be found elsewhere, it was your free shipping and free returns that lured me to you.

A continued love - Old people.  I really just love them.  I love the light in their eyes.  I love their wrinkly and lose skin (I probably won't like it when I get there).  Their stories, oh their stories, and how they can go on and on and on and jump from one topic to the next, sometimes so fast that you can't keep up.  I love their experience and knowledge.  
A few reasons as to why they're on my mind recently.  An older gentleman in my family ward came by last Sunday to see his missionary (my little brother Curtis) and give him a little something to help ($). I've seen him around, he always comes and tills our garden in the springtime - usually without being asked, but I've never talked with him.  My whole family was in the living room and he sat down and the stories just started flowing.  It was entertaining!  Although I made faces at my brothers and had to keep from snickering a time or two I really enjoyed how he just rambled on. 
A friend recently posted one of my favorite sayings, by one of my favorite people, Sister Hinckley, on her blog.  Having never met this woman I love her sooo much!!  She was the cutest thing!
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived" 
Amen Sister!
Lastly, I went to the Utes Red and White football game on Saturday and while walking into the stadium I was behind three older men, holding hands, walking to the stadium.  It.Was. ADORABLE!!  I so badly wanted to take a picture but we were almost to the gates and they wouldn't all be able to get through holding hands, so I didn't even try to find the phone and get a picture.  It is a still shot in the memory for sure.  Why do I love this?  It's cute, seriously it was.  It was just genuine, friendship, love, support, no care for what others thought (you think you'd ever see three 30 something men walking holding hands) and a love of the game. 

A love-hate:  I painted my fingernails while watching the RSL soccer game on Saturday night.  Today, not even a full three days later, all but two of my nail's polish has been peeled off, the other two that lasted the day at work will be gone before bed.  Mostly peeled off today because there were so many chips gone that they were driving me crazyI don't know if it's because my nails are longer and so they bend when I ding them which makes them chipOr if I'm just really hard on my nails.  I wish I could figure out the problem because I really do prefer painted nails but alas maybe they're not for me.

No comments: