CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 27, 2012

To the men in my life


I mentioned before about the slowness at work and all the extra thinking time I’ve had lately and now that I’m a blogger (still used lightly) my thoughts are turning to journal entries/blog posts.  Here’s one that’s been brewing this week.

To my Heavenly Father – Thank you for LIFE!  For the amazing earthly family I belong to.  Thank you for my amazing health.  Thank you for the trials and experiences that have made me who I am.  Thank you for the truthfulness of the gospel, for the power of the priesthood, for my savior and for your plan.  Most of all, thank you for loving me…just the way I am.

To my earthly father – Thank you for being you.  You’re more than a girl could hope or wish for as a dad!  Thank you for being my friend and mentor too, for always believing in me and wanting the best for me.  Thank you for honoring your priesthood and willingly using it whenever I needed/wanted.  Thank you for loving me and supporting me, for teaching me the value of hard work and what integrity is, more by example than by words.  Thank you for loving mom.  Thank you for the inside jokes, smiles, laughs and tears (they happen more frequently these days, you big ‘ol teddy bear.)

To my brothers – Thanks for always looking out for me and for loving me.  Thanks for being some of my best friends and letting me be a part of your lives.  Thanks for loving your wives.  23, thank you for your happiness, for letting us tease you for being worthy and willing to serve the Lord.

To RD – Thank you for loving me in your own messed up way.  I give you partial credit for the point in my life where I truly became ME.  You helped me develop a deep and meaningful relationship with my Heavenly Father.  Sometimes I thought I wasted some good years on being your friend, but I think I might be a little like wine and get better with time.  When you called last year and asked why I wasn’t married yet and why I wouldn’t date you, you should’ve known I’d answer honestly and although I’m sure I broke your heart by telling you, you didn’t have what I need, it was true.  And telling you that, made me grow (and hurt a little for you) too.

Sugar – Thank you for loving me (in a STRICTLY friendship way).  Thank you for not being afraid of me and for getting me!  I still wonder how you did/do it.  Thanks for our shared silliness and black screens (even if mine works WAY better than yours).  Thank you for possessing the one quality that is so hard for me to find, the one I will not compromise on - you know I only have 5.  Thank you for the use of our nicknames, even after marriage.  Thank you for being you.

To my SG – Thank you for giving me hope in men again.  You know what I was used to dealing with in that department and you were such a breath of fresh air!  Thank you for your respect, for being polite (or worried of offending), for your love (you’ve never said it and I don’t think you will, but I feel it), for the realness I feel our friendship is, for our shared love of my shoes. =)  Thank you for putting up with me being sooo verbose and for the many times you’ve made me smile….I pray for you.

Charm – (enter vulnerability) Quite a few years ago I heard a saying, “stop looking for Mr. Right and start being Mrs. Right” since then I’ve really tried hard to do this.  I’m trying to be the woman you need.  Many people tell me I’m quite a catch (try not to let that go to your head), so you’d think I’d already arrived, but you’re not here, so clearly I still have work to do.  I’ll keep trying, I won’t give up (!) because I know you’ll be worth the wait!  But if you only knew the love that’s reserved for you and that I pray for you frequently… And this is why I post to you today, start at the “So if you’re single” paragraph.

I’m OBSESSED with a blog, www.ablogaboutlove.com there’s so much good stuff in it.  I’ve always liked happy people, have you noticed they are contagious?  These two are that and such deep thinkers and openly sharing their heart and souls.  Maybe that’s why I felt enough courage to write the above.  There could possibly be a whole post dedicated to this blog in the future… And now if you’re here, it’s not just SG who has to put up with all the words and things I seem to feel the need to say.  Maybe one day there will be a short post…

No comments: