The one who gave me life, my dear sweet Mom. I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, for
all of you, but I have THE best mom in the world. You can think that you might have the best,
but I’m sorry, unless you share my mother, it’s just not true. She is also the coolest mom around – I mean
seriously, did your mom wakeboard on her 50th birthday? I didn’t think so! She is truly my best friend. She knows me so well and so often has the
right things to say and at exactly the right time. I’m pretty sure the umbilical cord was
attached for nearly 28 years (until she moved away from me to Hawaii). But what can I say? I still needed the nutrients; knowledge,
love, understanding, acceptance, friendship, patience, etc. etc., that she had
to offer me. The saying really is true,
you never outgrow the need for your mother – and I haven’t even started my own
family yet! She might think I could make
it on my own, cause she’s raised me that well, but I hope and pray that day
never comes.
Although she learned before I was even 2 that she couldn’t
make me do anything I didn’t want to, she taught me how to make the correct
decisions. She taught me how to have
faith, believe in and trust in my Heavenly Father. She taught me that I am a daughter of God,
that he knows who I am and loves me. She
taught me to believe in myself and always try (cause steers try) do my
best. She taught me unconditional love
and acceptance by example. She taught me
service, by helping others (especially counseling – or just listening). She taught me how to work. She taught me how to cook. She was my education teacher for many
years. She’s taught me how to be an
excellent wife, mom and grandma and to spoil the people in my life (my dad,
bless his heart, just can’t function as well without one or both of us). She taught me to love the outdoors. She is credited for the beginnings of my love
of football…which led to all sports. I
could probably keep going on and on but guess this is good for now.
To all the women in my life I’ve learned little bits and
pieces from you all, but my mom takes the cake and no one will ever
compare. I know I am VERY VERY blessed
to have such a wonderful woman, example and friend in my mom. I will never take it for granted because I
know others aren’t as fortunate as me (in all seriousness this time), and that
makes me more grateful every day. Thanks
for being you mom, for learning and growing right alongside of me a lot of the
time. Thanks for loving me and teaching
me everything you have thus far, and being willing to continue to teach me – and
iron my clothes. You really are the best
a girl could ever hope for as a mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment